Using quotes, you can perform an exact phrase search. An exact search will only return documents that contain exactly the word or phrase you’re searching for, in exactly the order you enter them. To perform an exact search, put your desired search terms in quotations marks. For example, a search for “Trent David Jacobs” will only return documents that contain the phrase “Trent David Jacobs.”
Articles in this section
- Smith County Subscriptions
- Vanguard Search Webinar
- Quick Tips for Vanguard Search
- I made a request for a document earlier and haven’t heard anything. Who can I talk to for an update?
- Why can’t I print without downloading?
- Can OCR technology read handwriting on documents?
- How do I view documents that I have downloaded in a .zip file?
- Can I cover multiple departments in one search?
- What are Wild Cards and how can I use them in my search?
- How can I use quotes in my search to be more specific?