Unfortunately, OCR technology cannot read handwriting on documents at this time. This means that any handwritten words on documents that were indexed with OCR will not show up in searches containing those words. This is generally only an issue for older documents with lower quality images, so it only affects a minor portion of the documents we store.
Articles in this section
- Smith County Subscriptions
- Vanguard Search Webinar
- Quick Tips for Vanguard Search
- I made a request for a document earlier and haven’t heard anything. Who can I talk to for an update?
- Why can’t I print without downloading?
- Can OCR technology read handwriting on documents?
- How do I view documents that I have downloaded in a .zip file?
- Can I cover multiple departments in one search?
- What are Wild Cards and how can I use them in my search?
- How can I use quotes in my search to be more specific?